VOLENTE VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT
SUPER-AMAZING FREE SMOKE ALARM PROGRAM
If you live in the VVFD fire district and need a smoke alarm, our firefighters will install one for you. Free.
It's that simple. You don't have to "qualify" - if you need it, we'll install it.
You will sign a simple release form allowing us to do it, and it's done. If you have existing alarms you want tested, we'll do that. We'll even replace the batteries for you.
We want you to have the protection of a working smoke alarm.
To get your smoke alarm (and/or have existing ones tested), just come by the fire hall or call VVFD at 512-258-1114 between 9-5 Mon-Fri or 10-4 on weekends. Or send your request, with your address and phone number, to email@example.com. We'll set an appointment to meet you at your residence.
Don't delay on making sure you have a working smoke alarm - smoke alarms save lives!
Smoke alarm facts:
* Six out of ten residential fire deaths occur in homes without working smoke alarms.
* About 94% of U.S. homes have smoke alarms, but up to 1/3 of the alarms are not working properly.
* Why do smoke alarms fail? Most often because of missing, disconnected or dead batteries.
* Most smoke alarms last about 10 years and should be replaced if older than that.
* Working smoke alarms cut your chances of dying in a house fire in half.
The Volente Volunteer Fire Department urges you to have working smoke alarms. If you have smoke alarms now - test them regularly.
Make sure the batteries are good and replace them if doubtful.
This program is made possible by Home Depot on FM 620, which is donating the alarms for our program, and by the men and women of the Volente Volunteer Fire Department.
VVFD – 45+ Years of Service to the Volente Community
For more information on smoke alarms, see: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/5077.html
Click here for a printable flyer on this program